Rajasthan rape case: Babulal Nagar questioned by CID
Jaipur: Former Rajasthan minister Babulal Nagar, accused of raping and assaulting a woman, was questioned by a CID team of the Rajasthan police.
The CID team last night separately questioned Nagar and his employees at his official residence, police sources said, adding he could be questioned today again.
Meanwhile, the statement of the 35-year-old victim is to be recorded today in a city court.
On a petition filed by the state CID-Crime Branch, the Additional Civil Judicial (Junior Division) and Judicial Magistrate yesterday directed the prosecution to produce the woman before the court for recording of her statement under Section 164 of the CrPC.
The woman had alleged that the former Minister of State for Dairy and Khadi, who had helped her in the past, called her to his official bungalow in Civil Lines on September 11, promising to get her a job. On some pretext, the minister took her into his bedroom and raped her, she has alleged.
Following the allegations, Nagar tendered his resignation on Thursday and it was accepted by the Chief Minister and the Governor yesterday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH