Rajasthan rape case: CBI takes over probe against Babulal Nagar
Zee Media Bureau
Jaipur: The Central Bureau of Investigation on Wednesday took over the charge of a case against a minister who resigned after a complaint of rape was registered against him.
The Ashok Gehlot-led Congress government in Rajasthan had last month recommended a CBI probe against former Minister of State for Dairy and Rural Industries Babulal Nagar.
A 35-year-old woman had registered a first information report (FIR) on September 11 against Minister of State for Dairy and Rural Industries Babulal Nagar at the Sodala police station last month.
Nagar was booked for allegedly raping, threatening and beating up the woman after calling her to his official bungalow in Civil Lines in Jaipur on the pretext of giving her a job.
The woman has alleged that on some pretext the minister had taken her to his bedroom and raped her.
After registering the case under various Sections of the IPC including 376 (rape), the police had referred the case to the state`s Crime Branch-CID as it involved an sitting MLA. The CB-CID had begun probing the charges.
The woman`s statement was recorded and her clothes, which she wore on the day of the alleged crime, were recovered and sent for forensic examination.
As per the normal procedure, the CBI has started probe on the basis of FIR registered by the Rajasthan Police. CBI sources said Nagar would soon be questioned in connection with the case.
Nagar, who resigned later, claimed innocence and alleged that he was being framed in "a political conspiracy".
On Tuesday, DNA reported that the rape victim has threatened to register a case against the investigating officer in the case for allegedly favouring the accused minister.
The victim, who was allegedly raped by the former dairy minister, said on Tuesday, that she plans to register a case against Criminal Investigation Department’s (CID-CB) additional superintendent of police, VK Gaur, who is investigating the case. Citing her reason, the victim said that the official while investigating the case has maintained a partisan behaviour towards the accused (Babu Lal Nagar) in the matter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 1 billion reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row