Rajasthan rape case: Victim demands CBI probe
Jaipur: The woman, who was allegedly sexually exploited by Congress MLA Udailal Anjana, on Wednesday rejected the probe being carried out by Rajasthan Police and demanded a CBI investigation into the case.
The demand, which was submitted by the woman to SP Naguar, was received by Crime Branch-Criminal Investigation Department (CB-CID) through the Director General of Police, its spokesman said.
Meanwhile, CB-CID`s letter sent under section 91 of CrPC for recording statement of the victim at her Mundwa village in Nagaur district was reverted back as she was not living there for past 25 years, the spokesman said.
However, the CB-CID sent a fresh letter to the Mundwa Police to gather details of the victim`s house and property from revenue records as well as about her relatives living there, the spokesman said.
The SP of Nagaur has also been asked to provide mobile phone call details of the Congress MLA.
Anjana, MLA from Nimbahera in Chittorgarh district, was booked for allegedly sexually exploiting a nearly 50-year-old woman since 1984 on the pretext of marriage and forcing her to undergo abortion, charges which he later denied.
The woman, a resident of Mundwa, had approached a local court in Nagaur, seeking a case to be registered against Anjana. The case was registered in Mundwa following the court`s order.
Following the court`s direction, Anjana was booked under Section 376 (rape), 313 (to force abortion against the will of woman), 370 (illegal confinement), 384 (threatening life) and 420 (cheating) of the Indian Penal Code.
The case has been transferred to the CB-CID as it was related to an MLA, a police officer said.
Anjana has claimed the charges were baseless and were part of a political conspiracy.
He also claimed that the woman had made similar accusations in 2000 and said they had been proven wrong by various agencies.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India