Rajasthan records normal rainfall this monsoon season
Jaipur: Rajasthan has received normal rainfall this monsoon season with only 11 districts out of 33 receiving deficit rain, the water resources department said.
18 out of total 33 district registered normal rainfall and four received excess rain so far during the season. However, no district falls under scanty or abnormal rainfall category, the department said.
Rajasthan as a whole received 381.30 mm against the normal rainfall of 377.52 mm till August 19 this year.
While Jodhpur division having six districts recorded deficit rains, Kota and Ajmer each having four districts received excess rains during this period.
Four districts of Ajmer, Nagaur, Tonk, and Baran received excess rains (20 to 59 per cent more than normal) and Sriganganagar, Hanumangarh, Barmer, Jaislamer, Jalore, Sirohi, Dholpur, Alwar, Banswara, Dungarpur, Pratapgarh recorded deficit rains (20 to 59 per cent less than normal).
The rainfall in remaining 18 districts including the state capital was normal.
On the other hand, water level in 153 out of total 724 dams across the state has reached its capacity and 315 are partially filled. The remaining 256 are empty.
In the corresponding period last year, only one district was under deficit rainfall category and 21 and 6 districts had recorded excess and abnormal rain.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy
- WATCH: Chris Gayle hits Saeed Ajmal with three huge back-to-back sixes in PSL