Rajasthan records normal rainfall this monsoon season
Jaipur: Rajasthan has received normal rainfall this monsoon season with only 11 districts out of 33 receiving deficit rain, the water resources department said.
18 out of total 33 district registered normal rainfall and four received excess rain so far during the season. However, no district falls under scanty or abnormal rainfall category, the department said.
Rajasthan as a whole received 381.30 mm against the normal rainfall of 377.52 mm till August 19 this year.
While Jodhpur division having six districts recorded deficit rains, Kota and Ajmer each having four districts received excess rains during this period.
Four districts of Ajmer, Nagaur, Tonk, and Baran received excess rains (20 to 59 per cent more than normal) and Sriganganagar, Hanumangarh, Barmer, Jaislamer, Jalore, Sirohi, Dholpur, Alwar, Banswara, Dungarpur, Pratapgarh recorded deficit rains (20 to 59 per cent less than normal).
The rainfall in remaining 18 districts including the state capital was normal.
On the other hand, water level in 153 out of total 724 dams across the state has reached its capacity and 315 are partially filled. The remaining 256 are empty.
In the corresponding period last year, only one district was under deficit rainfall category and 21 and 6 districts had recorded excess and abnormal rain.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Fiji: Floating island restaurant in middle of ocean
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Jayalalithaa returns as Tamil Nadu CM: As it happened