Rajasthan signs first MoU for road development under PPP model
Jaipur: The Rajasthan government today
singed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with a private
company to develop and improve Jaipur-Bhilwara road under the
public-private partnership (PPP) model.
It is the first project of the State for road development
under PPP-model and would be completed in 18 months, according
to an official.
The MoU was singed by Chiranji Lal, chief engineer (road)
of public works department (PWD), and two officials of the
company Bhilwara-Jaipur Toll Road in presence of state public
works minister Pramod Jain here.
Under the Rs 248-crore project, the 212-km long route
will be broadened and other developmental works will be
undertaken to fully renovate the road.
Four places have been identified for toll tax collection
while towns of Renwal, Fagi, Malpura, Kekri, Shahpura, and
other important religious places like Diggi Kalyan temple,
Jain Dadabadi and Ramdwara of Ramsnehi Mission will be
benefited by this project.
Jain said that the government has prepared proposals for
22 projects of road development under PPP model, and 11 works
on several national highways passing through the state have
been identified and feasibility reports for most of these have
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway