Rajasthan: Situation tense in Bharatpur, curfew on
Bharatpur: The situation was on Thursday tense
but under control in the district which witnessed violent
clashes between two communities over a land dispute that left
three persons dead and 13 others injured.
Curfew remained in force in six police station areas of
the district where additional forces have been deployed.
"The curfew will be relaxed after review of the law and
order situation," District Collector Krishna Kunal said.
"Three persons have been killed in violence but there is
information that a body has been recovered from a nearby
village. However, it is not clear if the deceased was a victim
of violence or not. It will be become clear after the
post-mortem report," he said.
No fresh violence or clash has taken place today, he
Curfew was imposed in the area yesterday after people
belonging to two communities clashed over a land dispute. They
also pelted stones and exchanged fire.
Kunal said a few shops were also torched by the mob.
Additional forces were deployed in the area yesterday.
Additional DGP (Law and Order) Navdeep Singh had said
that 11 companies of Rajasthan Armed Constabulary from Jaipur,
and additional policemen from Alwar were rushed to the area.
Over 30 senior police officers were sent to Bharatpur
from Jaipur last night, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you