Rajasthan: Situation tense in Bharatpur, curfew on
Bharatpur: The situation was on Thursday tense
but under control in the district which witnessed violent
clashes between two communities over a land dispute that left
three persons dead and 13 others injured.
Curfew remained in force in six police station areas of
the district where additional forces have been deployed.
"The curfew will be relaxed after review of the law and
order situation," District Collector Krishna Kunal said.
"Three persons have been killed in violence but there is
information that a body has been recovered from a nearby
village. However, it is not clear if the deceased was a victim
of violence or not. It will be become clear after the
post-mortem report," he said.
No fresh violence or clash has taken place today, he
Curfew was imposed in the area yesterday after people
belonging to two communities clashed over a land dispute. They
also pelted stones and exchanged fire.
Kunal said a few shops were also torched by the mob.
Additional forces were deployed in the area yesterday.
Additional DGP (Law and Order) Navdeep Singh had said
that 11 companies of Rajasthan Armed Constabulary from Jaipur,
and additional policemen from Alwar were rushed to the area.
Over 30 senior police officers were sent to Bharatpur
from Jaipur last night, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre