Rajasthan teacher suspended over rape charges
Jaipur: A government school teacher in Rajasthan`s Jhunjhunu district was suspended Sunday over allegations of raping a 15-year-old girl student, officials said.
The teacher, Narendra Singh, was on the run since a case was registered against him after Saturday`s incident in Gudaguadji village, some 150 km from Jaipur, police said.
"As per the first information report (FIR) registered by the girl`s father, the school was closed but teacher Narendra Singh summoned the girl on the pretext of checking her homework," police inspector Samundar Singh told a news agency.
Singh raped the girl inside a classroom after bolting the door, he said.
"He disappeared after the incident. We are searching for him," the officer said.
An education department officer said Singh was suspended and a departmental inquiry was also launched against him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy?
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part II
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part III
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part IV
- Panel discussion over India's bid for NSG