`Rajasthan to become independent in energy generation by September`
Jaipur: The Rajasthan government has said the state would become independent in energy generation and have surplus energy by September this year.
Chairing a meeting in Sikar, state`s Energy Minister Gajendra Singh Khinvsar said the government would be able to provide round the clock power after becoming independnet in power generation by September, according to an official release.
He said two power plants of Chhabra and Kalisindh would be operational soon which would increase the generation capacity.
The minister also raised concern over the rising cases of power theft and asked the officers who attended the meeting to make collective efforts to check the menace.
He said the Department would judge performance of officials by a grading system and the grading would be considered for postings of the officers.
The Minister also held a separate meeting with public representatives and discussed energy related local issues with them, the release said.
- What an idea! Here's why NCP workers in Maharashtra danced in 'Nagin' style - Watch video
- John Kerry to travel to Geneva on Sunday in show of support for Syria ceasefire: US
- Istanbul braces for police lockdown on May Day
- Jat leaders to hold ‘jail bharo’ movement in Haryana today, section 144 imposed in Jind
- PM Modi to launch solar-powered boats in Varanasi today, visit to Ballia also on cards