`Rajasthan to become independent in energy generation by September`
Jaipur: The Rajasthan government has said the state would become independent in energy generation and have surplus energy by September this year.
Chairing a meeting in Sikar, state`s Energy Minister Gajendra Singh Khinvsar said the government would be able to provide round the clock power after becoming independnet in power generation by September, according to an official release.
He said two power plants of Chhabra and Kalisindh would be operational soon which would increase the generation capacity.
The minister also raised concern over the rising cases of power theft and asked the officers who attended the meeting to make collective efforts to check the menace.
He said the Department would judge performance of officials by a grading system and the grading would be considered for postings of the officers.
The Minister also held a separate meeting with public representatives and discussed energy related local issues with them, the release said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Indian Army prepares to secure Arunachal Pradesh from China
- NSG chief reveals IED was found in DRDO Bhawan
- Volvo Auto India hires Nalin Jain as CFO
- Pakistan booked Baloch nationalists as it failed to buy them, says defence expert
- Tokyo prepares for 2020 Olympics, facing rising costs and new sports
- In Pakistan's interest to take action against terrorists: Pentagon