`Rajasthan to become independent in energy generation by September`
Jaipur: The Rajasthan government has said the state would become independent in energy generation and have surplus energy by September this year.
Chairing a meeting in Sikar, state`s Energy Minister Gajendra Singh Khinvsar said the government would be able to provide round the clock power after becoming independnet in power generation by September, according to an official release.
He said two power plants of Chhabra and Kalisindh would be operational soon which would increase the generation capacity.
The minister also raised concern over the rising cases of power theft and asked the officers who attended the meeting to make collective efforts to check the menace.
He said the Department would judge performance of officials by a grading system and the grading would be considered for postings of the officers.
The Minister also held a separate meeting with public representatives and discussed energy related local issues with them, the release said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Intelligence agencies warn of firing by Pakistan along LoC, international border
- Beware! Fake currency notes floating in market this Diwali
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon