`Rajasthan to become independent in energy generation by September`
Jaipur: The Rajasthan government has said the state would become independent in energy generation and have surplus energy by September this year.
Chairing a meeting in Sikar, state`s Energy Minister Gajendra Singh Khinvsar said the government would be able to provide round the clock power after becoming independnet in power generation by September, according to an official release.
He said two power plants of Chhabra and Kalisindh would be operational soon which would increase the generation capacity.
The minister also raised concern over the rising cases of power theft and asked the officers who attended the meeting to make collective efforts to check the menace.
He said the Department would judge performance of officials by a grading system and the grading would be considered for postings of the officers.
The Minister also held a separate meeting with public representatives and discussed energy related local issues with them, the release said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan