`Rajasthan to become power surplus by September; supply to other states`
Jaipur: Rajasthan would be able to generate surplus energy by September this year and would be able to provide to other states, state`s Energy Minister Gajendra Singh Khinwsar said.
Chairing a meeting with officials and public representatives in Tonk district today, the Minister said Rajasthan was far better from other states in energy generation and the power infrastructure would be strengthen in the state in the coming few months, an official spokesperson said.
He said in the meeting that the the state would become independent in energy generation and have surplus energy after which round the clock energy would be provided to every city, village and hamlet, the spokesperson said.
In the meeting, Singh directed officials to keep strict check on power theft and to make sincere efforts to reduce transmission and distribution losses.
He also asked the officials to take matters of transformer theft seriously. Energy Secretary Alok, Tonk district collector Tina Kumar, local MLA Hirala and others were present in the meeting.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire