`Rajasthan to become power surplus by September; supply to other states`
Jaipur: Rajasthan would be able to generate surplus energy by September this year and would be able to provide to other states, state`s Energy Minister Gajendra Singh Khinwsar said.
Chairing a meeting with officials and public representatives in Tonk district today, the Minister said Rajasthan was far better from other states in energy generation and the power infrastructure would be strengthen in the state in the coming few months, an official spokesperson said.
He said in the meeting that the the state would become independent in energy generation and have surplus energy after which round the clock energy would be provided to every city, village and hamlet, the spokesperson said.
In the meeting, Singh directed officials to keep strict check on power theft and to make sincere efforts to reduce transmission and distribution losses.
He also asked the officials to take matters of transformer theft seriously. Energy Secretary Alok, Tonk district collector Tina Kumar, local MLA Hirala and others were present in the meeting.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Twists and turns: Possible theories about Sheena Bora's murder
- DNA: With new facts emerging, Sheena Bora's murder mystery further deepens
- Sheena Bora murder: Mikhail to be brought to Mumbai for questioning
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning