Rajasthan to promote `lesser-known` tourist destinations
Jaipur: Rajasthan government thursday said it will nurture the tourism potential of less frequented destinations for attracting foreign and domestic visitors.
"Places like Bundi and Hadauti which are lesser known from tourism point of view will be proactively developed and promoted for both foreign and domestic tourists," Rajasthan tourism minister Bina Kak said here on the occasion of World Tourism Day.
The theme of `Tourism and Sustainable Energy Powering Sustainable Development` adopted this year is of "topical importance" and "both have to go hand in hand," Kak said.
The Day also has global significance in terms of highlighting areas which are tourism-friendly.
Earlier, the minister flagged off the `Tourism Awareness Walk` from Albert Hall to the iconic landmark of the pink city, the Hawa Mahal.
Principal secretary (Tourism) Rakesh Srivastava and Director Museum and Archaeology Hridesh Sharma were among those present on the occasion.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Are separatists scared with 'Dangal' girl Zaira Wasim's success?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble