Rajasthan to promote `lesser-known` tourist destinations
Jaipur: Rajasthan government thursday said it will nurture the tourism potential of less frequented destinations for attracting foreign and domestic visitors.
"Places like Bundi and Hadauti which are lesser known from tourism point of view will be proactively developed and promoted for both foreign and domestic tourists," Rajasthan tourism minister Bina Kak said here on the occasion of World Tourism Day.
The theme of `Tourism and Sustainable Energy Powering Sustainable Development` adopted this year is of "topical importance" and "both have to go hand in hand," Kak said.
The Day also has global significance in terms of highlighting areas which are tourism-friendly.
Earlier, the minister flagged off the `Tourism Awareness Walk` from Albert Hall to the iconic landmark of the pink city, the Hawa Mahal.
Principal secretary (Tourism) Rakesh Srivastava and Director Museum and Archaeology Hridesh Sharma were among those present on the occasion.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dope test scandal: After wrestler Narsingh Yadav, shot putter Inderjeet Singh tests positive for banned substance
- Historic solar flight marks first round-the-world journey
- Akshay Kumar’s avatar in John Abraham, Varun Dhawan starrer ‘Dishoom’ will surprise you– See pic
- Bangladesh police storm militant hideout, kill 9 Islamist extremists in Dhaka
- Anita Hassanandani, Rohit Reddy’s Maldives trip will give you vacation goals- See Pics