Rajasthan to sell wheat at Rs 2 per kg
Jaipur: The Rajasthan government would
launch an ambitious scheme on Monday to sell wheat to BPL
families at a cost of Rs 2 per kg in all 33 district
Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot will inaugurate the
project in tribal belt of Tonk district, an official spokesman
The scheme will benefit 36.57 lakh BPL families
including a state list of beneficiaries, he said.
BPL families can purchase 25 kg of wheat at Rs 2 per
kg every month beginning with May through public distribution
system, Babulal Nagar, the food and civil supply minister,
PDS outlets would sell the subsidised food grain from
15 to 21 of every month, he added.
APL (above poverty line) families would be provided
with wheat flour at Rs 9 per kg through dairies and PDS system
To contain price rise of pulses and cereals, about
2.10 lakh quintals dried peas (yellow matar) have been
imported. Some varieties of pulses would be sold through PDS
to BPL and APL families at Rs 13.5 per kg, the minister said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees