Rajasthan to sell wheat at Rs 2 per kg
Jaipur: The Rajasthan government would
launch an ambitious scheme on Monday to sell wheat to BPL
families at a cost of Rs 2 per kg in all 33 district
Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot will inaugurate the
project in tribal belt of Tonk district, an official spokesman
The scheme will benefit 36.57 lakh BPL families
including a state list of beneficiaries, he said.
BPL families can purchase 25 kg of wheat at Rs 2 per
kg every month beginning with May through public distribution
system, Babulal Nagar, the food and civil supply minister,
PDS outlets would sell the subsidised food grain from
15 to 21 of every month, he added.
APL (above poverty line) families would be provided
with wheat flour at Rs 9 per kg through dairies and PDS system
To contain price rise of pulses and cereals, about
2.10 lakh quintals dried peas (yellow matar) have been
imported. Some varieties of pulses would be sold through PDS
to BPL and APL families at Rs 13.5 per kg, the minister said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of terror attacks in Baramulla and Kupwara
- DNA: Farooq Abdullah insults national anthem, talks on phone
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part II
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part III