Rajasthan to set up 7 courts to try sex-determination test cases
Jaipur: Rajasthan government has notified the setting up of seven new courts for speedy disposal of pending cases under the Pre-conception and Pre Natal Diagnostic Techniques (Prohibition of Sex-Selection) Act-1994.
The courts have been set up on a recommendation by the High Court in Ajmer, Bharatpur, Bikaner, Jaipur, Jodhpur, Kota and Udaipur, Principal Secretary health B N Sharma said on Friday.
He said the government was taking effective steps to curb sex determination and in this direction, orders to install "silent observers" in sonography machines during next three months have already been issued.
Bollywood star Aamir Khan had met Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot last month with a plea that the state government establish more courts to try sex-determination test cases.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!