Rajasthan: Two constables suspended for `misbehaving` with BJP candidate
Jodhpur: Police on Sunday night suspended two constables for allegedly misbehaving with the family members of BJP candidate from Jodhpur city constituency at a polling booth here after voting was over.
According to the police, family members of BJP candidate from Jodhpur city constituency, Kailash Bhansali, got into a brawl with the police at a booth after polling was over.
"They misbehaved with the police and uttered abusive words to the officers on duty," said an official.
The police then took them to Shastri Nagar police station.
Bhansali`s wife, Maya, alleged that the constables misbehaved with them when they brought to the notice of police that supporters of the opposition party were using unethical voting means.
"Instead of listening to us, they abused us, pushed us in the police van and took us to the police station," she said alleging that police beat them up.
Following this, BJP leaders and workers assembled at the police station, shouting slogans against the police alleging they are working at the behest of Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot.
They also blocked roads and the entire police station demanding suspension of two police officers and let off all those, who were detained in this connection.
Conceding to their demands, police suspended two constables late at night and assured to take further action following the investigation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Special CBI court accuses Naveen Jindal for criminal conspiracy in coal scam
- Gujarat announces 10% reservation for economically backward class
- US, UN condemn Syria hospital bombing in war-ravaged Aleppo
- F-16 to boost precision strike capability in anti-terror operations: Pakistan
- UN Security Council readies North Korea missile test reply
- US Vice President Joe Biden on surprise visit to Iraq
- Panama papers scandal: Russia to join global fight against tax evasion