Rajasthan`s fiscal deficit worsened in Cong regime: Vasundhara Raje
Jaipur: Newly-elected Rajasthan Chief Minister Vasundhara Raje on Monday asserted that improving the state`s economy will be her top priority, saying fiscal situation had worsened in the previous Congress regime with the deficit touching 2.48 per cent of GDP in 2013-14.
"Fiscal deficit was 6.6 per cent of gross domestic product (GDP) in 2003-2004, and by end of 2007-2008 it was reduced to 1.75 per cent of GDP," she said presenting the Vision Document-2020 for the state.
"This fiscal deficit is gradually increasing since 2008 and it has touched again 2.48 per cent of GDP in the current fiscal year 2013-14," she said in an indirect attack on Ashok Gehlot-led Congress government.
The government debt and securities was Rs 84,000 crore in 2008, now in the current financial year it is Rs1,31,000 crore, she said.
During the previous five years of Congress government, the state earned hundreds of crore of rupees from oil exploration, and the power companies` debt also went up three times in last regime, she said.
In the Vision-2020 document, she said everyone in the government, whether a minister, MLA, or bureaucrats, should work unitedly as a team.
The state government would work on eradicating poverty, unemployment and fulfill the dreams of youth, she said.
BJP in its poll manifesto has promised to provide 15 lakh jobs in the next five years, she recalled, and said the government would make efforts to provide good education and technical education to young people so that they could get better jobs in future.
The new government would try its best to improve development growth, minimise mother and child mortality rates, reduce drop-out rate of school children, and work on all-round development of the state, the Chief Minister said.
BJP`s election manifesto was adopted as an official document and be treated as a policy draft, she said, adding the official machinery should follow it strictly.
Recalling her first term in Rajasthan government 2003-08, Raje said she wanted to take out the state from the category of `Bimaru rajya` (sick state) then, but the state did not come out of this category in last five years due to poor economic situation.
"Our main mantra is development, and to achieve it the state government would take up all welfare schemes and infrastructure plans," she said.
She also advocated for administrative reforms, women empowerment, SC/ST/OBC and minorities` welfare and their various schemes to be energised with a pace.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- Unidentified flying objects spotted over Mumbai airport not motorised: Home Department
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- China doesn't recognise 'illegal' McMahon Line: Beijing responds to NSA Ajit Doval
- CBSE 10th Results 2015 to be declared on May 27
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Is there life after death?