Rajasthan`s `rape accused` Babu Lal Nagar not upset by Congress` suspension
Zee Media Bureau
Jaipur: A day after facing suspension from the Congress party, former Rajasthan minister Babu Lal Nagar reiterated his innocence on Tuesday.
Nagar is accused of raping a 35-year-old woman at his residence.
Terming it as a political conspiracy, Nagar claimed that his opponents hired a woman and lodged a baseless case against him.
He is, however, assured that the truth will be revealed.
Commenting on his suspension, Nagar said that he is not upset with the party`s decision and will continue to be its loyal worker.
53-year-old Nagar said the party is supreme for him, and added that he would not like anybody to point fingers at his party following the allegations of rape levelled against him.
"Senior leaders in the party took this decision (to suspend me) for the good of the party. I believe in all my leaders," said Nagar.
"Even though I am not a Congress member on papers, but I will keep working for the party," he added.
On Monday, a video clip released by the 35-year-old rape victim purportedly shows an "aide" of the ex-minister offering her huge money to withdraw the case but the former minister of State for Dairy and Khadi denied any such links.
The victim, who lodged a complaint of rape, released the clip to a TV channel alleging that a close aide of Nagar`s brother offered her Rs 2 crore to drop the case.
She also approached a court here on Monday demanding a fresh medical examination of Nagar and sought the presence of a magistrate during the fresh process, a lawyer said.
The woman approached the court of additional chief metropolitan magistrate on Monday, her lawyer Gyan Singh said.
"The rape victim fears the blood samples may have been swapped in connivance with doctors. Nagar is an influential man. He had earlier refused to undergo the test even when police served three notices on him, but he suddenly gave his consent," the lawyer said.
Nagar was accused by the woman of raping her at his government bungalow here on September 11. Nagar resigned on September 20 after a huge political uproar.
The Congress-led state government has recommended a Central Bureau of Investigation probe into the case.
(With Agency inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- Preggers Mira Rajput admitted to hospital; hubby Shahid Kapoor's parents hurry to meet bahu!
- 'Spit remark' on PV Sindhu's achievements: Director says fans didn't get his satire, gets TROLLED again
- 2016 Hyundai Elantra: Check out features and specifications
- Institute of Company Secretaries of India Result 2016; Check icsi.edu for ICSI CS Executive Result 2016 declared
- Avoid getting sick this monsoon with these top health tips!