Rajasthan`s targets 400,000 new jobs this year
Jaipur: The Rajasthan government is executing a major social uplift scheme covering both rural and urban areas to create at least 400,000 new jobs this fiscal, with a focus on youths, skill development, self-employment and even an unemployment allowance, officials said.
A series of schemes and projects has been unveiled by Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot to provide jobs both to the educated and the differently literate people in the state in a bid to ensure social inclusion and extend opportunities to lead a life of dignity, the officials added.
"The chief minister has already said 100,000 new government jobs will be created this year. Work has already started in this regard," a senior official told a news agency here, adding this will include 18,000 clerks, 20,000 teachers and 12,000 constables.
"The clerks will handle work related to the rural job guarantee programme. Two clerks will be allotted to each gram panchayat. The chief minister`s idea is not only to strengthen the Panchayati Raj system but also provide employment to the youths," the official added.
Another scheme aims at extending unemployment allowance to the educated youths, at Rs.500 per month. This is being given to graduates whose family income is up to Rs.100,000 per annum.
"This scheme has really helped me and will also build confidence among the youths. It is helping in our efforts to get employment. We also need not be dependent on others for our ordinary expenses," says Gajendra Singh, a beneficiary from Namana Village in Bundi District.
Skill development is another focus area since government jobs have limited opportunities. Steps are being taken to encourage self-employment. Accordingly, 349 skill development centres for youths have been set up across the state and specific programmes are to start by next month.
Referring to the schemes in the hinterland, officials said Gehlot has started what is called the Chief Minister`s Rural Employment Scheme, under which 100,000 youths will be provided employment each year.
"A similar scheme has also been started for families below the poverty line in urban areas. The Chief Minister`s Urban BPL Employment Scheme is being implemented through the Rajasthan Skill and Livelihoods Development Corporation," an official said.
"Under this also, about 100,000 youths will be provided employment this year."
In the past three years, the focus on jobs has yielded positive results, the official said, adding that 75,000 youths have been given government jobs as constables and teachers. Appointments of another 40,000 teachers are about to be completed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Couple in Bihar asked to pay Rs 50,000 as 'tax' for inter-caste marriage
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Shocking! 7 veg food items that may actually be non veg
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Standoff with LG: Arvind Kejriwal calls emergency session of Delhi Assembly
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015