Rajathan school owner gets admit card with Obama`s picture
Jaipur: Believe it or not. A Rajasthan school owner received an admit card with his name and the photograph of US President Barack Obama pasted on it for a junior engineer examination conducted by the Centre in Delhi.
40-year-old Lalu Ram Meena was taken aback when he opened the letter which came by ordinary post to him on June 8 for the exam the next day for which he had never applied.
The card is duly signed by the authority with seal. It has a roll number ? 2201000509 and the examination centre was mentioned as being near Tuglakabad metro station in Badarpur.
The exam was for Part B electrical, in general engineering, conducted by central government`s Staff Selection Commission.
"I was shocked to see the admit card in my name because I never applied for such a post.
"What was more shocking for me was the picture of US President Barack Obama as the candidate in the admit card," Ram, a father of four children, said.
"There is a signature below the picture of Obama but that is not my signature," he said.
Date of birth of the candidate mentioned in the admit card is 05-10-1987 while his date of birth is 01-01-1973.
He is an Arts graduate who has done his B Ed and is now running the school in Rambas village in Dausa.
When contacted, Dausa District Collector Muktanand Agrawal said that he was not aware of any such matter.
"I have no such matter in my knowledge," Agrawal, who took over as Collector today, said.
The village falls under the jurisdiction of Sainthal police station which said it has not got any information on the issue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!