Raje afraid of being quizzed about links with Modi: Gehlot
Jaipur: Hitting back at Vasundhara Raje for accusing his government of being corrupt, Rajasthan Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot on Sunday said she is getting back her post as the Leader of Opposition in state Assembly because she may
be afraid of being quizzed about her alleged links with former IPL chief Lalit Modi.
"She may have fear of being quizzed for her connection with former IPL commissioner Lalit Modi. Hence, she is getting the post of leader of opposition," Gehlot told reporters on the sidelines of a function here.
Asking Raje to exercise restraint and not to level baseless allegations against the state government, the Chief Minister said, "Everybody knows that corruption during her regime was rampant and Lalit Modi enjoyed unconstitutional
powers in the state due to her."
After being elected BJP Legislature Party leader here yesterday which paves the way for her reinstatement as the Leader of Opposition in state Assembly, Raje had said that the state government was involved in corrupt practices.
Earlier, Gehlot flagged off a vintage car rally at a hotel in the Pink City in the presence of state Tourism minister Bina Kak and a host of senior government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Disruption of Parliament not acceptable, for God's sake, do your job: President Pranab Mukherjee to MPs