Raje afraid of being quizzed about links with Modi: Gehlot
Jaipur: Hitting back at Vasundhara Raje for accusing his government of being corrupt, Rajasthan Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot on Sunday said she is getting back her post as the Leader of Opposition in state Assembly because she may
be afraid of being quizzed about her alleged links with former IPL chief Lalit Modi.
"She may have fear of being quizzed for her connection with former IPL commissioner Lalit Modi. Hence, she is getting the post of leader of opposition," Gehlot told reporters on the sidelines of a function here.
Asking Raje to exercise restraint and not to level baseless allegations against the state government, the Chief Minister said, "Everybody knows that corruption during her regime was rampant and Lalit Modi enjoyed unconstitutional
powers in the state due to her."
After being elected BJP Legislature Party leader here yesterday which paves the way for her reinstatement as the Leader of Opposition in state Assembly, Raje had said that the state government was involved in corrupt practices.
Earlier, Gehlot flagged off a vintage car rally at a hotel in the Pink City in the presence of state Tourism minister Bina Kak and a host of senior government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars