Raje demands Gehlot`s resignation following maternal deaths
Jodhpur: BJP leader Vasundhara Raje on Saturday
demanded the resignation of Rajasthan Chief Minister Ashok
Gehlot and the state health minister holding them morally
responsible for 17 maternal deaths at two government hospitals
here allegedly due to administration of contaminated IV fluid.
Addressing party workers staging a sit-in here in protest
against corruption, anarchy, lawlessness and price rise
prevailing in the state, the former chief minister accused the
state government of miserably failing to protect the interests
of the women who placed trust in government hospitals.
17 women died post delivery after being administered
contaminated IV fluid at two government hospitals here over a
period of just one month since February 13.
Holding Gehlot and state Health Minister Aimaduddin
Ahmed morally responsible for the deaths, the Leader of
Opposition in the state Assembly said they should immediately
step down on moral grounds.
Commenting on the brevity of the budget session of the
state Assembly, she said it was for the first time in the
history of the state legislature that the budget session was
wrapped up in seven days without giving chance to the
Opposition for a debate and raising the issues.
“This shows that the government is scared of us," she
She said the government is responsible for stalling the
proceedings of the Assembly by triggering clamour whenever the
BJP sought replies on issues and described it as a conspiracy
to muffle the voice of the Opposition.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir