Raje demands Gehlot`s resignation following maternal deaths
Jodhpur: BJP leader Vasundhara Raje on Saturday
demanded the resignation of Rajasthan Chief Minister Ashok
Gehlot and the state health minister holding them morally
responsible for 17 maternal deaths at two government hospitals
here allegedly due to administration of contaminated IV fluid.
Addressing party workers staging a sit-in here in protest
against corruption, anarchy, lawlessness and price rise
prevailing in the state, the former chief minister accused the
state government of miserably failing to protect the interests
of the women who placed trust in government hospitals.
17 women died post delivery after being administered
contaminated IV fluid at two government hospitals here over a
period of just one month since February 13.
Holding Gehlot and state Health Minister Aimaduddin
Ahmed morally responsible for the deaths, the Leader of
Opposition in the state Assembly said they should immediately
step down on moral grounds.
Commenting on the brevity of the budget session of the
state Assembly, she said it was for the first time in the
history of the state legislature that the budget session was
wrapped up in seven days without giving chance to the
Opposition for a debate and raising the issues.
“This shows that the government is scared of us," she
She said the government is responsible for stalling the
proceedings of the Assembly by triggering clamour whenever the
BJP sought replies on issues and described it as a conspiracy
to muffle the voice of the Opposition.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced on May 28
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow