Raje demands probe into death of 13 pregnant women
Jaipur: Former Rajasthan Chief Minister Vasundhara Raje Scindia has demanded an "impartial" probe into the deaths of 13 pregnant women due to administration of
contaminated intravenous fluid in two hospitals here.
"It is surprising that the state government woke up after the death of 13 women and has also given a clean chit to the health department. The matter should be investigated impartially," said the Leader of BJP Legislature Party in a
13 women have died in a span of 11 days at Jodhpur`s Umaid and M G Hospitals after developing serious post-delivery complications resulting in profuse bleeding, apparently prompted by the administration of the contaminated drip.
The Rajasthan government has already ordered an inquiry into the deaths. Jodhpur Divisional Commissioner will conduct the probe into the deaths and submit his report to the government in 15 days.
Yesterday, police took into custody an official of an Indore-based pharma company while Rajasthan government suspended a drug inspector and a store keeper of one of the two affected hospitals in Jodhpur.
Referring to the recent hooch tragedy in Jodhpur and Pali which had claimed 23 lives, she said what people can expect from the Chief Minister and the government when such incidents are happening in the hometown of the CM.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days