Raje govt`s 60-days work plan a `political drama`: Gehlot
Jaipur: The Opposition in Rajasthan has termed the chief minister Vasundhra Raje`s 60-days work plan to take the government to people as mere "political drama".
A statement by former chief minister Ashok Gehlot said Raje`s government machinery was camped in Bharatpur division for 10 days but the actual camp was held at her Dholpur palace.
"Bharatpur camp, taking entire cabinet in Bharatpur division, for over 10 days was just a show off but actual camp took place in her palace in Dholpur," it said.
Gehlot said the 60-days vision document and 10-days long camp was a mere "political drama" ahead of Lok Sabha polls.
"She made her ministers run every where in the division but no result has come in front of us till date. They seek attention of people and it was a political gimmick. Even after more than 60 days of government formation, there is no impact," Gehlot, who met Congress President Sonia Gandhi in Delhi yesterday, told reporters.
"They (BJP government) earlier compared free medicines with poison. For them pensions were freebies. Metro and Refinery were declared inviable by them. They blamed us that everything was done for assembly elections. I think such things have never happened in the history of state," he said.
On his son Vaibhav Gehlot`s probable candidature for LS polls, Gehlot said his son`s name figured several times in the past as well. But being a CM then, he did not want his son to contest the elections.
Gehlot said that in a AICC survey conducted by Madhusudan Mistry, Vaibhav`s name cropped up as possible candidate from Jalore and Sawaimadhopur.
He said he has no reservation if the party high command decides to field Vaibhav in coming elections.
Gehlot also said it was unfortunate for the BJP Prime Ministerial nominee Narendra Modi to dubb Sonia Gandhi and Rahul as "dus numbri", punning on 10 Janpath where the Congress president lives.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Anna Hazare flaunts his swag on 'The Kapil Sharma Show', no kidding! - Pic inside