Raje holds talks with BJP, RSS functionaries
New Delhi: Days after the turf war in the Rajasthan BJP unit spilled into the open, leader of opposition in state assembly Vasundhara Raje on Friday reached the capital and held meetings with central party and RSS functionaries.
Soon after she reached Delhi, BJP secretary (Organisation) Saudan Singh, who is the RSS linkman in the party, met the former chief minister at her residence.
Later, BJP secretary Kirit Sommaiya called on her to discuss party affairs in Rajasthan, where polls are due next year, party sources said.
Raje will be in the capital for a couple of days and is likely to meet senior leaders, including party president Nitin Gadkari, LK Advani and Arun Jaitley, they said, adding they could discuss changes in the state unit.
She was accompanied by MLA Digambar Singh.
Raje had objected to a proposed political campaign, a 28-day long yatra in Udaipur division, by party MLA and senior leader Gulabchand Kataria and had threatened to resign in a meeting last Saturday if the Yatra was not cancelled.
Kataria immediately called off his plan but Raje`s loyalists claimed that 61 MLAs and several other party members submitted resignation expressing confidence in her leadership.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you