Raje takes over as BJP president in Rajasthan
Jaipur: Seeking to project a united face, newly appointed state BJP president Vasundhara Raje today said her priority would be going forward while keeping all the party`s stakeholders together.
"My priority will be to take everyone along with me like a family," she said in her maiden address after the formal taking over ceremony.
"An organisation without workers is like a fish without water so if we are together and united, our difficulties will go away," she said while addressing workers at the party headquarters here.
In the presence of newly appointed Leader of Opposition Gulab Chand Kataria, Deputy Leader of Opposition Ghanshyam Tiwari and her predecessor Arun Chaturvedi, she gave the slogan `Ekjut BhaJaPa, Congress Laapata` (BJP united, Congress disappears) to the party workers.
Raje also remembered BJP`s founders and veterans and said their guidance was valuable for her and the party.
Starting from Shyama Prasad Mukherjee, Deendayal Upadhyay to Bhairo Singh Shekhawat, she said their contribution was remarkable and guides the party today.
The former Chief Minister also said the guidance of leaders like former MP Ramdas Agrawal, MP Om Mathur and others would help the party in taking the lead in the elections.
Raje called upon party workers to make a collective effort and ensure the BJP`s victory.
Party leaders Kirit Somaiya, Om Mathur, Ramdas Agrawal, Ghanshyam Tiwari and Rajendra Rathore were among those present on the occasion.
It was celebration at the party`s state office where a large number of enthusiastic workers from different parts of Rajasthan had gathered to welcome her.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!