Rajendra Rathore visits Maderna family
Jaipur: BJP MLA and former minister Rajendra Singh Rathore on Friday paid a courtesy visit to the family of jailed legislator Mahipal Maderna here.
He enquired about the health of Parasram Maderna, Mahipal`s father and a veteran Jat leader, and met Mahipal`s wife Leela Maderna.
Rathore, who was discharged in the Dara Singh fake encounter case of 2006 yesterday by a local court, said that this was a courtesy meeting.
"Both the families faced hard time due to certain similar reasons. They (Mahipal`s wife and daughter) came to see me and congratulate me yesterday so I visited their house to thank them today," Rathore told reporters.
BJP MLA Digambar Singh accompanied Rathore, who is the BJP Whip in Rajasthan Vidhan Sabha.
He and Maderna, who was sacked by chief minister Ashok Gehlot from his cabinet last year for alleged involvement in the Bhanwari Devi murder case, were together in Jaipur Jail.
Rathore said that his relationship with Maderna strengthened in jail where they used to discuss details of "our" cases, which were being investigated by CBI.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price