Raje`s attitude unfortunate: Dara Singh`s widow
Jaipur: Dara Singh`s widow on Thursday expressed surpise at former Rajasthan chief minister Vasundhara Raje supporting BJP MLA Rajendra Rathore, arrested in connection with her husband`s fake encounter case.
"BJP leaders who are talking about Jats never visited my home after my husband`s murder... I expected that Raje being a woman would understand the pain of a woman whose husband was murdered but her attitude is unfortunate," Sushila said in a statement here.
She said she had never expected that Raje would act in such a manner instead of supporting the family of the victim.
"Vasundhara government did not register the case and the CBI investigation was ordered by the Supreme Court. BJP first committed the crime and now glorifying a criminal," she said.
Dara Singh, a local liquor smuggler, was killed in an alleged fake encounter by Special Operation Group of Rajasthan Police on the outskirts of the city on October 23, 2006. On a petition filed by wife of deceased Dara Singh, the Supreme Court directed the CBI to take up the investigation.
Rathore was today arrested by CBI, which also filed a chargesheet against him for his alleged involvement in the fake encounter case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj