Raje`s attitude unfortunate: Dara Singh`s widow
Jaipur: Dara Singh`s widow on Thursday expressed surpise at former Rajasthan chief minister Vasundhara Raje supporting BJP MLA Rajendra Rathore, arrested in connection with her husband`s fake encounter case.
"BJP leaders who are talking about Jats never visited my home after my husband`s murder... I expected that Raje being a woman would understand the pain of a woman whose husband was murdered but her attitude is unfortunate," Sushila said in a statement here.
She said she had never expected that Raje would act in such a manner instead of supporting the family of the victim.
"Vasundhara government did not register the case and the CBI investigation was ordered by the Supreme Court. BJP first committed the crime and now glorifying a criminal," she said.
Dara Singh, a local liquor smuggler, was killed in an alleged fake encounter by Special Operation Group of Rajasthan Police on the outskirts of the city on October 23, 2006. On a petition filed by wife of deceased Dara Singh, the Supreme Court directed the CBI to take up the investigation.
Rathore was today arrested by CBI, which also filed a chargesheet against him for his alleged involvement in the fake encounter case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch - Parrikar's reply to Mamata's military coup claim
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'