Raje`s attitude unfortunate: Dara Singh`s widow
Jaipur: Dara Singh`s widow on Thursday expressed surpise at former Rajasthan chief minister Vasundhara Raje supporting BJP MLA Rajendra Rathore, arrested in connection with her husband`s fake encounter case.
"BJP leaders who are talking about Jats never visited my home after my husband`s murder... I expected that Raje being a woman would understand the pain of a woman whose husband was murdered but her attitude is unfortunate," Sushila said in a statement here.
She said she had never expected that Raje would act in such a manner instead of supporting the family of the victim.
"Vasundhara government did not register the case and the CBI investigation was ordered by the Supreme Court. BJP first committed the crime and now glorifying a criminal," she said.
Dara Singh, a local liquor smuggler, was killed in an alleged fake encounter by Special Operation Group of Rajasthan Police on the outskirts of the city on October 23, 2006. On a petition filed by wife of deceased Dara Singh, the Supreme Court directed the CBI to take up the investigation.
Rathore was today arrested by CBI, which also filed a chargesheet against him for his alleged involvement in the fake encounter case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing