Rape accused dies in lock up, SHO suspended
Jaipur: A rape accused allegedly committed suicide in a police station`s lock up in Banswara district, police said today.
"Titya was arrested yesterday in a rape case and was in lock up. He injured himself in the neck with some sharp edged object following which he was rushed to a hospital where he died," SP D S Chundawat said.
SHO of the police station, Sunil Kumar, a Sup-Inspector, was suspended and the staff of the police station was changed, Chundawat said.
The matter was being probed, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- Log on to wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in for WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 WBCHSE
- Twitter war over IIT Madras row: Smriti Irani challenges Rahul Gandhi to debate over any issue, anywhere