Rape accused dies in lock up, SHO suspended
Jaipur: A rape accused allegedly committed suicide in a police station`s lock up in Banswara district, police said today.
"Titya was arrested yesterday in a rape case and was in lock up. He injured himself in the neck with some sharp edged object following which he was rushed to a hospital where he died," SP D S Chundawat said.
SHO of the police station, Sunil Kumar, a Sup-Inspector, was suspended and the staff of the police station was changed, Chundawat said.
The matter was being probed, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble