Rape accused dies in lock up, SHO suspended
Jaipur: A rape accused allegedly committed suicide in a police station`s lock up in Banswara district, police said today.
"Titya was arrested yesterday in a rape case and was in lock up. He injured himself in the neck with some sharp edged object following which he was rushed to a hospital where he died," SP D S Chundawat said.
SHO of the police station, Sunil Kumar, a Sup-Inspector, was suspended and the staff of the police station was changed, Chundawat said.
The matter was being probed, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing