Jaipur: Former Rajasthan minister Babulal Nagar has been sent to three days police custody till October 29, on charges of raping and assaulting a 35-year-old woman.
"We gave all information to the CBI, we have also said that we are ready for a narco-test, and also gave details on how this is a case of consensual act, which has been unnecessarily made into rape charges. The prosecutor of the CBI said that they will look into all these matters which were raised," defence lawyer AK Jain said.
Earlier in the day, Nagar was produced before a CBI court here, after he was arrested on Friday night.
"All I want to say is I did not rape anyone. I have also written to the CBI in this regard informing that we knew each other well for three-and-a-half years, and I also wrote that I had physical relations with the woman. But, I have not committed any rape," Nagar said on Friday.
Earlier on October 9, the investigating agency took over the probe from Rajasthan Police, which had registered a case against Nagar.
The Congress Party, last month, suspended Nagar, after he resigned from the Rajasthan cabinet in which he was the Minister of State for Food and Civil Supplies.
Jaipur Police had earlier lodged a First Information Report (FIR) against Nagar and ordered a probe.
According to reports, the woman got her statement recorded before the Chief Judicial Magistrate on September 13.
In her complaint, the woman said Nagar asked her to visit him at noon on September 11, and sexually assaulted her.