Recording of conversation between Nagar, victim given to CID
Jaipur: The woman, who had charged former Rajasthan Minister Babu Lal Nagar with raping her, has given CID a memory card, purportedly containing recording of a conversation between her and the accused.
The 35-year-old victim called up CID officials last night saying she wants to give them important evidence and handed over the memory card, a spokesperson said today.
He said investigation in the case was going on.
53-year-old Nagar yesterday gave the slip to a Criminal Investigation Department team waiting at his residence to collect blood sample for medical examination, with his family members telling the team he had left for Shirdi in Maharashtra.
Forensic Science Laboratory (FSL) authorities have also sought Nagar`s blood sample to carry out its investigation.
The Rajasthan minister of state for Dairy resigned last week following an FIR against him by the woman, who alleged that she was raped by him at his official bungalow on September 11 on the pretext of giving her a job.
The state government has recommended CBI inquiry into the case and has written to the Centre in this regard.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Parrikar hits out at Nawaz Sharif, says India doesn't need advice about troops in Siachen
- Prefer to ignore what Nawaz Sharif said at UN, says Manohar Parrikar
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Know why sex loses its steam in couples