Released from jail, Dausa MP goes `missing`
Jaipur: Dausa MP Kirori Lal Meena, arrested
while on a dharna to seek justice for a rape victim, has been
released but his minister wife claimed he did not reach home.
"Police said my husband was released from Ajmer jail in
the wee hours today, but he did not reach home. So, I along
with my family members went to the jail to enquire his
whereabouts," Golma Devi told PTI.
Devi, on her way back to Jaipur, said the Ajmer collector
has assured her that by evening he would trace her missing
However, IG Jaipur Range I B L Soni said the MP was
escorted by police to his house after being released.
Satish Meena, an assistant of K L Meena, said he did not
return home as claimed by the police, and no family member was
informed about his release. "We do not know his whereabouts,"
Meanwhile, the MP`s supporters today blocked the
Jaipur-Agra highway near Mahua town and protested peacefully,
a senior police officer said.
K L Meena was arrested yesterday while on dharna against
alleged rape of a tribal woman by an IPS officer about 13
years ago. Late last night, the state government issued his
release orders considering his medical history and the ground
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- What Yakub Memon did in minutes before being hanged
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet