Relief package for Bhanwari Devi`s kin
Jaipur: The Rajasthan government on Sunday
announced a relief and financial package for the family of
deceased auxiliary nurse-cum-midwife Bhanwari Devi.
With her husband Amarchand in judicial custody in
Jodhpur, Bhanwari`s 70-year-old mother Pooni Devi is looking
after her three children.
Under the relief package, Bhanwari`s son Sahil will be
recruited in the state service as a junior division clerk, a
state government official said.
Her daughters Ashwini and Gungun will have fixed deposit
of Rs two lakh each and the maturity amount will be given to
them at the time of their marriage, he said.
This fixed deposit will be supplemented with Rs 50,000
each as cash assistance during their marriage.
Free boarding and lodging will be provided to the
children if they wish to stay in a hostel run by the Social
Justice and Empowerment department.
Considering it to be a special case, Rs 675 will be given
to each child under the Palanhar Scheme besides an additional
annual assistance of Rs 2,000 each, the official said.
The state government has also assured assistance to the
children for studying in any school or college they want to.
On January 13, the Rajasthan Police, the Maharashtra
Police and the CBI had jointly announced Rs 1.5 lakh as relief
for the family of Bhanwari who was posted as auxiliary
nurse-cum-midwife at the Jaliwara Health Sub-Centre.
Bhanwari, who last attended her office on August 24, was
declared dead by the CBI on January 10 during the High Court
In Jodhpur, District Magistrate Siddharth Mahajan said
the administration has initiated the process of giving them a
It has also accelerated the process of finalising pension
of Bhanwari to provide relief to the family, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details