Remand of two Ajmer blast accused extended
Ajmer: A local court on Tuesday extended till November 23 the police remand of the two accused in 2007 Ajmer Dargah bomb blast.
Chief Judicial Magistrate Ratan Lal Moond has extended the police remand of Mukesh Vasni and Harshad Bhai Solanki.
ATS presented the two, who were arrested in the beginning of this month, in the CJM Court on Tuesday.
On November 16, District and Sessions Court will hear on the application of another accused Chandrasekhar, in which he had requested not to transfer the case for trial in another court from DJM court.
This application was presented by Chandrasekhar`s lawyer on November 8.
A 806-page charge sheet was filed by the Rajasthan ATS before the court of the Additional CJM here on October 22 against Lave, Lokesh Sharma, Devendra Gupta – allegedly linked to radical Hindu group Abhinav Bharat, Sandeep Dange and Ramji Kalsangre.
While Gupta and Sharma are in Hyderabad Jail, Dange and Ramji Kalsangre remain to be traced.
Two others -- Vasni and Solanki --arrested recently from Gujarat in connection with the Dargah blast, which killed three persons and left 15 injured, will be produced before the CJM court here on Wednesday.
The ATS detained Vasani, an anti-cow slaughter activist, from Godhra town of Gujarat, on November 3. Solanki, alias Munna alias Raj alias Daadhi Bhai, was arrested in Vadodara on November 1 and brought to Rajasthan for questioning.
Solanki, according to police, was also involved in the 2002 Best Bakery riot case in Vadodara and had been absconding since 2004.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Gurdaspur terror attack: Blow-by-blow account
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day