Republic Day celebrated in Rajasthan
Jaipur: Rajasthan celebrated the Republic Day Sunday with enthusiasm. Governor Margaret Alva unfurled the tricolour here and witnessed a parade and colourful cultural shows.
Alva took the salute and inspected a guard of honour from marching contingents of the security forces amid cheers and applause from thousands of spectators.
Personnel from the Rajasthan Armed Constabulary, police, Home Guards and the National Cadet Corps as well as school students took part in the parade.
Later, the students and artists performed folk dances and sang patriotic songs.
Chief Minister Vasundhara Raje, some of her cabinet colleagues and senior officials were present on the occasion.
The governor honoured government officers, employees and police personnel for distinguished and meritorious services.
Earlier, on the eve of the Republic Day, Raje appealed to people to help make Rajasthan a progressive and prosperous state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- Four Indians kidnapped in Libya; Islamic State hand suspected
- Parties should be united against terrorism, says Rajnath Singh
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez