Republic Day celebrated in Rajasthan
Jaipur: Rajasthan celebrated the Republic Day Sunday with enthusiasm. Governor Margaret Alva unfurled the tricolour here and witnessed a parade and colourful cultural shows.
Alva took the salute and inspected a guard of honour from marching contingents of the security forces amid cheers and applause from thousands of spectators.
Personnel from the Rajasthan Armed Constabulary, police, Home Guards and the National Cadet Corps as well as school students took part in the parade.
Later, the students and artists performed folk dances and sang patriotic songs.
Chief Minister Vasundhara Raje, some of her cabinet colleagues and senior officials were present on the occasion.
The governor honoured government officers, employees and police personnel for distinguished and meritorious services.
Earlier, on the eve of the Republic Day, Raje appealed to people to help make Rajasthan a progressive and prosperous state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, released later
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- DNA: Ground reporting of the deteriorating sanctity of Ayodhya
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- India vs New Zealand, 4th ODI: As it happened...