Republic Day celebrated in Rajasthan
Jaipur: Rajasthan celebrated the Republic Day Sunday with enthusiasm. Governor Margaret Alva unfurled the tricolour here and witnessed a parade and colourful cultural shows.
Alva took the salute and inspected a guard of honour from marching contingents of the security forces amid cheers and applause from thousands of spectators.
Personnel from the Rajasthan Armed Constabulary, police, Home Guards and the National Cadet Corps as well as school students took part in the parade.
Later, the students and artists performed folk dances and sang patriotic songs.
Chief Minister Vasundhara Raje, some of her cabinet colleagues and senior officials were present on the occasion.
The governor honoured government officers, employees and police personnel for distinguished and meritorious services.
Earlier, on the eve of the Republic Day, Raje appealed to people to help make Rajasthan a progressive and prosperous state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- Obama vows support for Germany after Munich shooting
- Islamic State supporters hail deadly Munich shooting on social media
- 1st Test, Day 2 Report: Kohli double ton, Ashwin century put India in charge against West Indies
- Silicon Valley leads avalanche of quarterly reports
- UN backs plan to rid Libya of chemical weapons