Republic Day celebrated in Rajasthan
Jaipur: Rajasthan celebrated the Republic Day Sunday with enthusiasm. Governor Margaret Alva unfurled the tricolour here and witnessed a parade and colourful cultural shows.
Alva took the salute and inspected a guard of honour from marching contingents of the security forces amid cheers and applause from thousands of spectators.
Personnel from the Rajasthan Armed Constabulary, police, Home Guards and the National Cadet Corps as well as school students took part in the parade.
Later, the students and artists performed folk dances and sang patriotic songs.
Chief Minister Vasundhara Raje, some of her cabinet colleagues and senior officials were present on the occasion.
The governor honoured government officers, employees and police personnel for distinguished and meritorious services.
Earlier, on the eve of the Republic Day, Raje appealed to people to help make Rajasthan a progressive and prosperous state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jharkhand: 2 dead, several injured in clashes between police, villagers in Ramgarh
- Delhi minister meets Jain monk over Vishal Dadlani tweet controversy
- One killed in annual bull racing in Peru
- 16-year-old Indian-origin boy finds cure for breast cancer treatment
- Heartbreaking! Denied medical help, 12-year-old UP boy dies on dad's shoulder
- NIO discovers world's first ancient settlement destroyed by tsunami
- Apple sends out invite for iPhone 7 launch event
- Dhanush to produce Rajinikanth's next film
- Longtime Google executive leaves Uber board of directors
- India, US sign military logistics agreement; can now use each other`s assets, bases