Republic Day celebrated in Rajasthan
Jaipur: Rajasthan celebrated the Republic Day Sunday with enthusiasm. Governor Margaret Alva unfurled the tricolour here and witnessed a parade and colourful cultural shows.
Alva took the salute and inspected a guard of honour from marching contingents of the security forces amid cheers and applause from thousands of spectators.
Personnel from the Rajasthan Armed Constabulary, police, Home Guards and the National Cadet Corps as well as school students took part in the parade.
Later, the students and artists performed folk dances and sang patriotic songs.
Chief Minister Vasundhara Raje, some of her cabinet colleagues and senior officials were present on the occasion.
The governor honoured government officers, employees and police personnel for distinguished and meritorious services.
Earlier, on the eve of the Republic Day, Raje appealed to people to help make Rajasthan a progressive and prosperous state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February