Reservation: Gujjars, Raj govt to hold talks soon
Jaipur: Gujjar leaders and three state ministers will hold a meeting here on July 9 to discuss the
progress made by the Rajasthan government on the reservation issue.
"We today fixed a meeting with the government for July 9. Our delegation will meet the committee of ministers which was present during the agreement in January this year," Roop
Singh, an aide of Gujjar leader Kirori Singh Bainsa, said.
The committee comprises of state Home minister Shanti Dhariwal, Energy minister Jitendra Singh and Transport minister B K Sharma.
The Gujjar leaders have alleged that the government has delayed process of quantifiable data collection exercise of the five communities as directed by the High Court. They have also threatened to revive their stir if the government was found not to be serious to meet their demands.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened