Reservation: Gujjars, Raj govt to hold talks soon
Jaipur: Gujjar leaders and three state ministers will hold a meeting here on July 9 to discuss the
progress made by the Rajasthan government on the reservation issue.
"We today fixed a meeting with the government for July 9. Our delegation will meet the committee of ministers which was present during the agreement in January this year," Roop
Singh, an aide of Gujjar leader Kirori Singh Bainsa, said.
The committee comprises of state Home minister Shanti Dhariwal, Energy minister Jitendra Singh and Transport minister B K Sharma.
The Gujjar leaders have alleged that the government has delayed process of quantifiable data collection exercise of the five communities as directed by the High Court. They have also threatened to revive their stir if the government was found not to be serious to meet their demands.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch