Reservation: Gujjars, Raj govt to hold talks soon
Jaipur: Gujjar leaders and three state ministers will hold a meeting here on July 9 to discuss the
progress made by the Rajasthan government on the reservation issue.
"We today fixed a meeting with the government for July 9. Our delegation will meet the committee of ministers which was present during the agreement in January this year," Roop
Singh, an aide of Gujjar leader Kirori Singh Bainsa, said.
The committee comprises of state Home minister Shanti Dhariwal, Energy minister Jitendra Singh and Transport minister B K Sharma.
The Gujjar leaders have alleged that the government has delayed process of quantifiable data collection exercise of the five communities as directed by the High Court. They have also threatened to revive their stir if the government was found not to be serious to meet their demands.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...