Respite from cold wave in Rajasthan
Jaipur: People of Rajasthan got some respite from the biting cold conditions as mercury rose at several places across the state Thursday morning.
However, Mount Abu was the coldest place in the state recording a low of 3 degrees Celsius last night, a MeT official said.
Due to the ongoing western disturbances in Jammu and Kashmir, rain was recorded at a few places in Rajasthan with Sawaimadhpur recording the maximum rainfall of 1.6 mm, and Jaisalmer 0.2 mm.
In plains, Sriganganagar recorded a minimum temperature of 4.3 degrees Celsius followed by Jaisalmer, Bikaner, Churu, Pilani recording a temperature in the range of 6 to 8 degree Celsius.
People in Jaipur woke up to overcast skies and were relieved as the temperature in Pink city rose from 5.7 to 13 degrees Celsius.
Other places in the state recorded a temperature above 10 degrees Celsius.
The western disturbances are expected to pass in next 24 hours following which the cold conditions may revive, the MeT forecast said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?
- Govt blocks over 800 porn websites – complete list
- Govt reviews porn ban order, blocks only child pornography-related websites