Respite from cold wave in Rajasthan
Jaipur: People of Rajasthan got some respite from the biting cold conditions as mercury rose at several places across the state Thursday morning.
However, Mount Abu was the coldest place in the state recording a low of 3 degrees Celsius last night, a MeT official said.
Due to the ongoing western disturbances in Jammu and Kashmir, rain was recorded at a few places in Rajasthan with Sawaimadhpur recording the maximum rainfall of 1.6 mm, and Jaisalmer 0.2 mm.
In plains, Sriganganagar recorded a minimum temperature of 4.3 degrees Celsius followed by Jaisalmer, Bikaner, Churu, Pilani recording a temperature in the range of 6 to 8 degree Celsius.
People in Jaipur woke up to overcast skies and were relieved as the temperature in Pink city rose from 5.7 to 13 degrees Celsius.
Other places in the state recorded a temperature above 10 degrees Celsius.
The western disturbances are expected to pass in next 24 hours following which the cold conditions may revive, the MeT forecast said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video