Reveal source of funding for proposed party: Gehlot to Kejrival
Jaipur: Rajasthan Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot on Monday dared India Against Corruption (IAC) member Arvind Kejriwal to reveal the source of funding for his proposed political party, and how he will bear the expenses of electioneering for his candidates.
"Why the civil society activist Arvind Kejriwal was not clarifying that from where he would get money to run his political party and how he would bear expenses of electioneering if he fielded candidates in elections?" Gehlot asked.
"Kejriwal should come clear over this point," the chief minister said.
UPA government is taking good decisions but despite that, Anna Hazare, Arvind Kejriwal, Baba Ramdev worked to disturb atmosphere in the country, the chief minister said.
"They can create an atmosphere, mislead people, and also can harm nationalised parties, but despite all this, it is doubtful that things will change," Gehlot said.
Which are the powers behind them may be a separate issue of discussion, but I would say there are examples where the Congress took prompt decisions in cases of corruption, he said.
Speaking at a function at Pink city Press club here, Gehlot said solution of the problem will only come out of meaningful discussions over the root cause of the problem.
"There should be honest discussion to find out the root cause of corruption, which is a serious problem and a cause of concern for `aam admi` today," Gehlot said.
This (corruption) will not be eradicated unless we honestly deliberate on this issue collectively, he said.
Gehlot also said the donations to political parties in cash was the main cause of corruption.
"I have always said that there should be state funding of elections for transparency.
Donations come in cash to political parties and unless there is a proper system, how one can expect that there will be no corruption," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video