Revision petition against Narendra Modi for remarks against Nehru
Bundi (Raj): A revision petition was filed
in a local court on Saturday challenging the rejection of a
defamation case against Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi
for allegedly making derogatory remarks against the country`s
first Prime Minister Jawaharlal Nehru.
The revision petition, filed by a Youth Congress leader,
will come up for hearing before the District and Sessions
Court here on September one.
The Chief Judicial Magistrate Bharat Bhushan Gupta had
rejected the defamation case against Modi on August 7 saying
the court did not have the jurisdiction to hear the plea.
Youth Congresss state Secretary Charmesh Sharma had filed
the defamation case on July 3 against Modi accusing him of
saying at a public meeting in Gandhinagar on June 5 that Nehru
had "done nothing for children".
Sharma had said in the petition that he and other
admirers of Nehru were "deeply hurt and pained" by Modi`s
comments, which he had heard on a private television channel
and read on a website.
He had also pointed out that Nehru`s birth anniversary on
November 14 is observed as Children`s Day across India because
of his contribution to child welfare.
Sharma had enclosed video recording of the telecast and
photocopies of the website report with his petition.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!