RJD calls bandh for students` death
Chapra: Bihar`s opposition RJD has called a bandh in Saran district Wednesday to protest the death of 11 students, mostly girls, after they consumed mid-day meal at a government primary school.
RJD President Lalu Prasad, who is Lok Sabha member from Chhapra in the district, accused the state government of being responsible for the incident and demanded a probe against a minister in Nitish Kumar government involved in supply of mid-day meal in this area.
The police said the victims were aged below 10 years and studied in between class I to V.
The RJD President accused "unholy nexus" between the state government and NGOs in the mid-day meal scheme here.
BJP also attacked the Nitish Kumar government with party leader Giriraj Singh charging the "Nitish government has now become more dangerous than the Lalu Prasad dispensation."
"The system has failed in the state under JD(U) government now," BJP MLA from Taraiyya Janak Singh said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says