RJD calls bandh for students` death
Chapra: Bihar`s opposition RJD has called a bandh in Saran district Wednesday to protest the death of 11 students, mostly girls, after they consumed mid-day meal at a government primary school.
RJD President Lalu Prasad, who is Lok Sabha member from Chhapra in the district, accused the state government of being responsible for the incident and demanded a probe against a minister in Nitish Kumar government involved in supply of mid-day meal in this area.
The police said the victims were aged below 10 years and studied in between class I to V.
The RJD President accused "unholy nexus" between the state government and NGOs in the mid-day meal scheme here.
BJP also attacked the Nitish Kumar government with party leader Giriraj Singh charging the "Nitish government has now become more dangerous than the Lalu Prasad dispensation."
"The system has failed in the state under JD(U) government now," BJP MLA from Taraiyya Janak Singh said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 4 pm
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam