Rs 10 Lakh reward for info on Bhanwari
New Delhi: Failing to get any substantial
lead in the Bhanwari Devi disappearance case, CBI on Tuesday
doubled the reward to Rs 10 lakh to anyone providing credible
information about the missing nurse.
The move comes within the fortnight of announcing a
reward of Rs 5 lakh on November 1 even as Rajasthan High
Court rapped the agency yesterday for the slow pace of
investigation in the case.
"The information may be given at CBI Camp Office, Circuit
House, Jodhpur(Rajasthan)on phone numbers: 09530346277,
09530346277, 02912513315,01124368641. The identity of the
informer will be kept confidential," CBI spokesperson said
The CBI had announced reward of Rs 5 lakh to anyone
giving information on Bhanwari Devi and Rs one lakh for
providing inputs on absconding accused Sahiram, but it was not
of much help, sources said here.
Sacked Rajasthan Minister Mahipal Maderna is a key
suspect in the case and has been questioned by the CBI two
times last week.
Maderna was on Saturday admitted to hospital where he is
undergoing treatment for "marginal blood pressure and mild
A CD allegedly showing Maderna and Malkhan in compromising
position with 36-year-old Bhanwari, an auxiliary nurse midwife
at a sub-centre in Jaliwada village - around 120 km from here,
had come to light after which she went missing from Bilara on
Her husband Amarchand had alleged she was abducted at the
behest of Maderna.
Sources said it is believed that Bhanwari was introduced
to Maderna some years back by Malkhan, who had already
admitted to CBI that he knew her.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH