Rs one crore seized during raids against hooch case accused
Jodhpur: Police have seized over Rs one
crore allegedly belonging to the main accused in the hooch
tragedy, Kalu Ram Bishnoi, during raids here.
The Special Operations Group, which is investigating
the case following the death of 23 people who had consumed
spurious liquor in Jodhpur and Pali, recovered Rs 81 lakh from
a cattle yard in the house of a relative of Bishnoi.
They had earlier seized Rs 21 lakh during a raid on
his house in Khejadli village along with gold and silver
"We dug the ground and found Rs. 81,11,060 kept in an
earthen pot in the house of his relative Mangi Lal in
Khokharia. The cash was in the denomination of Rs 1000,"
Satyendra Singh, ASP-SOG, said today.
The raids was carried out following interrogation of
Bishnoi, who was remanded to six-day custody of the SOG by the
"We have informed the Income Tax department about this
seizure," Singh said.
He said that during interrogation, Bishnoi said that
he used to get the killer spirit from Madhya Pradesh and
Delhi. Every month, he used to get 2-3 tankers, which were
emptied in underground tankers in his house in Khejadli
Each tanker had a capacity of about 15,000 litres.
Police had raided his and his brother Shiv Ram`s
house on Saturday and found thousands of litres of spirit
stored in the tanks.
"The interrogation is going on and we are trying to
extract information about his local and inter-state network.
The magnitude of cash found with him is a clear pointer to a
huge network of this illicit liquor trade," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!