Rs one crore seized during raids against hooch case accused
Jodhpur: Police have seized over Rs one
crore allegedly belonging to the main accused in the hooch
tragedy, Kalu Ram Bishnoi, during raids here.
The Special Operations Group, which is investigating
the case following the death of 23 people who had consumed
spurious liquor in Jodhpur and Pali, recovered Rs 81 lakh from
a cattle yard in the house of a relative of Bishnoi.
They had earlier seized Rs 21 lakh during a raid on
his house in Khejadli village along with gold and silver
"We dug the ground and found Rs. 81,11,060 kept in an
earthen pot in the house of his relative Mangi Lal in
Khokharia. The cash was in the denomination of Rs 1000,"
Satyendra Singh, ASP-SOG, said today.
The raids was carried out following interrogation of
Bishnoi, who was remanded to six-day custody of the SOG by the
"We have informed the Income Tax department about this
seizure," Singh said.
He said that during interrogation, Bishnoi said that
he used to get the killer spirit from Madhya Pradesh and
Delhi. Every month, he used to get 2-3 tankers, which were
emptied in underground tankers in his house in Khejadli
Each tanker had a capacity of about 15,000 litres.
Police had raided his and his brother Shiv Ram`s
house on Saturday and found thousands of litres of spirit
stored in the tanks.
"The interrogation is going on and we are trying to
extract information about his local and inter-state network.
The magnitude of cash found with him is a clear pointer to a
huge network of this illicit liquor trade," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm