Ruckus over corruption issue in Raj Assembly
Jaipur: Rajasthan Assembly was Friday
adjourned for the day after Opposition members created a din and boycotted the House proceedings over their demand for a discussion on corruption issue.
As soon as the House assembled at 11 AM, CPI-M legislator
Amra Ram raised the issue of Anna Hazare`s movement against
corruption and demanded a discussion on the issue.
BJP MLAs also joined him and created an uproar in the
Assembly, saying that discussion on corruption was more
important than the Question Hour.
Speaker Deependra Singh Shekhawat asked them to take
their seat and let the Question Hour proceed, but the MLAs
continued to disrupt the proceedings.
Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot said he was ready for a discussion on the issue, following which BJP MLA Gulab Chand Kataria asked the Speaker to proceed with the discussion instead of the Question Hour.
The Speaker adjourned the House for an hour after other
opposition members raised the same demand.
When the House reassembled, opposition members continued
their uproar which led to another adjournment for half an
hour. BJP MLAs, then, stormed into the Well demanding
discussion in the House over corruption when it reassembled.
Shekhawat asked them to go back to their seat and said
timing for discussion would be decided in Business Advisory
Committee`s (BAC) meeting, which was scheduled at 3 pm today.
But Deputy Leader of Opposition Ghanshyam Tiwari
announced boycott of proceedings and moments later the House
was adjourned for another hour.
In the meantime before adjournment, the government passed
bills for two private universities and introduced Rajasthan
Guaranteed Delivery of Public services Bill.
When the House reassembled, four more bills of private
universities were passed in the absence of the Opposition and
the House was adjourned for the day.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof