Ruckus over corruption issue in Raj Assembly
Jaipur: Rajasthan Assembly was Friday
adjourned for the day after Opposition members created a din and boycotted the House proceedings over their demand for a discussion on corruption issue.
As soon as the House assembled at 11 AM, CPI-M legislator
Amra Ram raised the issue of Anna Hazare`s movement against
corruption and demanded a discussion on the issue.
BJP MLAs also joined him and created an uproar in the
Assembly, saying that discussion on corruption was more
important than the Question Hour.
Speaker Deependra Singh Shekhawat asked them to take
their seat and let the Question Hour proceed, but the MLAs
continued to disrupt the proceedings.
Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot said he was ready for a discussion on the issue, following which BJP MLA Gulab Chand Kataria asked the Speaker to proceed with the discussion instead of the Question Hour.
The Speaker adjourned the House for an hour after other
opposition members raised the same demand.
When the House reassembled, opposition members continued
their uproar which led to another adjournment for half an
hour. BJP MLAs, then, stormed into the Well demanding
discussion in the House over corruption when it reassembled.
Shekhawat asked them to go back to their seat and said
timing for discussion would be decided in Business Advisory
Committee`s (BAC) meeting, which was scheduled at 3 pm today.
But Deputy Leader of Opposition Ghanshyam Tiwari
announced boycott of proceedings and moments later the House
was adjourned for another hour.
In the meantime before adjournment, the government passed
bills for two private universities and introduced Rajasthan
Guaranteed Delivery of Public services Bill.
When the House reassembled, four more bills of private
universities were passed in the absence of the Opposition and
the House was adjourned for the day.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- LIVE: Yakub Memon buried at Chandanwadi's Bada Kabristan in Mumbai
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened