Rural women technology park to be established in Rajasthan
Jaipur: The Department of Science and Technology has approved a project to set up a rural women technology park (RWTP) here.
The RWTP will be established at a campus of?Jaipur Engineering College and Research Centre at a cost of Rs one crore, a JECRC release said today.
The technology park will promote development and adaptation of appropriate local technologies, transfer of proven technologies and demonstration of live technology models to benefit women in general and rural women in particular, it said.
Women from Rajasthan shall be given extensive training and support for starting their own businesses, it said, adding that RWTP will act as a resource centre for them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'US will continue to expand defense systems to protect South Korea, regional allies from North Korean missiles'
- Bandits kill 31 bush taxi passengers in Madagascar
- North Korean leader Kim Jong-Un hails successful test of new missile, says it can strike US Pacific bases
- LIC chairman S K Roy resigns two years before his term ends
- UEFA Euro 2016: Cristiano Ronaldo rescues Portugal; Belgium seal last-16 berth in Zlatan Ibrahimovic's farewell