Rural women technology park to be established in Rajasthan
Jaipur: The Department of Science and Technology has approved a project to set up a rural women technology park (RWTP) here.
The RWTP will be established at a campus of?Jaipur Engineering College and Research Centre at a cost of Rs one crore, a JECRC release said today.
The technology park will promote development and adaptation of appropriate local technologies, transfer of proven technologies and demonstration of live technology models to benefit women in general and rural women in particular, it said.
Women from Rajasthan shall be given extensive training and support for starting their own businesses, it said, adding that RWTP will act as a resource centre for them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal