Sad that BJP is opposing Food Bill: Rahul Gandhi
Jaipur: Congress vice-president Rahul Gandhi on Thursday said he was "very sad" that BJP and other opposition parties had "created hindrance for political reasons" in passing the Food Security Bill in Parliament.
"We are trying in Parliament to get Food Security Bill passed in the larger interest of people, but I am sad that it could not be done because of BJP and opposition.
"This is very sad that they created hindrance for political reasons," Rahul told reporters after feedback meetings with Congress workers and leaders here.
He, however, expressed hope that the Bill would be passed in future.
Rahul said the Rajasthan government had done good work and launched several welfare schemes like free medicines and pension, among others.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- Zee Media Exclusive: In conversation with BJP President Amit Shah