Sad that BJP is opposing Food Bill: Rahul Gandhi
Jaipur: Congress vice-president Rahul Gandhi on Thursday said he was "very sad" that BJP and other opposition parties had "created hindrance for political reasons" in passing the Food Security Bill in Parliament.
"We are trying in Parliament to get Food Security Bill passed in the larger interest of people, but I am sad that it could not be done because of BJP and opposition.
"This is very sad that they created hindrance for political reasons," Rahul told reporters after feedback meetings with Congress workers and leaders here.
He, however, expressed hope that the Bill would be passed in future.
Rahul said the Rajasthan government had done good work and launched several welfare schemes like free medicines and pension, among others.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- PM Narendra Modi ropes in Nandan Nilekani to boost process of digital payments post demonetisation