Sariska Field Director transferred
Jaipur: After taking action against two officials of the forest and wildlife department of Sariska following the death of a relocated tiger, the Rajasthan government has now transferred Field Director and Chief Conservator of Forest (CCF), Sariska, KK Garg.
Conservator of Forest R S Shekhawat has been given the charge of Field Director and CCF of Sariska, while Garg has been transferred to Kota, official sources said here on Monday.
Two additional officers of state service were also posted in Sariska a few days ago to execute the village relocation process, the sources said.
Meanwhile, the officials are still awaiting a report from the Forensic Science Laboratory to ascertain the cause of death of ST-1 as the postmortem report has ruled out the possibility of territorial fight and poaching by gunshot.
The carcass of ST-1 was found by a forest department team
in Sariska wildlife sanctuary on November 14, following which the government had transferred two officers on the charge of dereliction of duty.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened