Sarpanch shot dead in Rajasthan
Jaipur: A village sarpanch was allegedly shot dead by some unidentified persons in Rajasthan`s Dholpur district.
The assailants stopped Dopura village sarpanch Parmal Singh and opened fire at him while he was on his way back to home last evening, Dholpur SP Harendra Kumar said.
Parmal died on the spot.
The preliminary investigations suggest an old dispute could be the reason behind the murder, he said.
"The family of the deceased sarpanch is in a state of shock and they are not in a position to tell us entire things, though the matter is being probed," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country would not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh
- Can Lalu Prasad Yadav's elder son Tej be less in age than younger son Tejaswi?