Sarpanch shot dead in Rajasthan
Jaipur: A village sarpanch was allegedly shot dead by some unidentified persons in Rajasthan`s Dholpur district.
The assailants stopped Dopura village sarpanch Parmal Singh and opened fire at him while he was on his way back to home last evening, Dholpur SP Harendra Kumar said.
Parmal died on the spot.
The preliminary investigations suggest an old dispute could be the reason behind the murder, he said.
"The family of the deceased sarpanch is in a state of shock and they are not in a position to tell us entire things, though the matter is being probed," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Shocking CCTV footage of a woman assaulting her mother-in-law
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Mumbai police to probe if RK Singh's claims on Dawood Ibrahim substantiated
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Shocking revelation! Indrani Mukherjea's daughter Sheena Bora was pregnant
- When Peter Mukherjea met and fell madly in love with Indrani