Sarpanch shot dead in Rajasthan
Jaipur: A village sarpanch was allegedly shot dead by some unidentified persons in Rajasthan`s Dholpur district.
The assailants stopped Dopura village sarpanch Parmal Singh and opened fire at him while he was on his way back to home last evening, Dholpur SP Harendra Kumar said.
Parmal died on the spot.
The preliminary investigations suggest an old dispute could be the reason behind the murder, he said.
"The family of the deceased sarpanch is in a state of shock and they are not in a position to tell us entire things, though the matter is being probed," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nitish suspends Cabinet Minister Kushwaha over alleged sting operation
- Watch: PM Modi delivers speech at Mumbai Metro Phase-II inauguration
- Panel discussion on the controversial sacking of Asim Ahmed Khan from AAP
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Watch: How smartly this woman steals smartphone, walks away with it
- India vs South Africa: MS Dhoni disappointed about 'gamble' not paying off
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- OROP implementation after Bihar poll, says Manohar Parrikar