Sarpanch shot dead in Rajasthan
Jaipur: A village sarpanch was allegedly shot dead by some unidentified persons in Rajasthan`s Dholpur district.
The assailants stopped Dopura village sarpanch Parmal Singh and opened fire at him while he was on his way back to home last evening, Dholpur SP Harendra Kumar said.
Parmal died on the spot.
The preliminary investigations suggest an old dispute could be the reason behind the murder, he said.
"The family of the deceased sarpanch is in a state of shock and they are not in a position to tell us entire things, though the matter is being probed," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- Ravindra Jadeja gets engaged to Rajkot-based mechanical engineer Reeva Solanki
- Smoking hot! Deepika Padukone's first look in 'xXx' with Vin Diesel creates storm!
- Abhishek Bachchan's 'family' birthday—See pics