Sarpanch shot dead in Rajasthan
Jaipur: A village sarpanch was allegedly shot dead by some unidentified persons in Rajasthan`s Dholpur district.
The assailants stopped Dopura village sarpanch Parmal Singh and opened fire at him while he was on his way back to home last evening, Dholpur SP Harendra Kumar said.
Parmal died on the spot.
The preliminary investigations suggest an old dispute could be the reason behind the murder, he said.
"The family of the deceased sarpanch is in a state of shock and they are not in a position to tell us entire things, though the matter is being probed," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jharkhand: 2 dead, several injured in clashes between police, villagers in Ramgarh
- Delhi minister meets Jain monk over Vishal Dadlani tweet controversy
- One killed in annual bull racing in Peru
- 16-year-old Indian-origin boy finds cure for breast cancer treatment
- Heartbreaking! Denied medical help, 12-year-old UP boy dies on dad's shoulder