SC issues notices on Jaipur`s Jal Mahal lease
New Delhi: The Supreme Court on Friday issued notices to the Rajasthan government and others after the Jal Mahal Resorts Private Ltd challenged the cancellation of its 99-year lease to run the Mansagar Lake and Jal Mahal monument in Jaipur.
The Rajasthan High Court by its May 17 order held as illegal the 99-year lease granted to the company for running the Mansagar Lake and Jal Mahal monument in Jaipur following a public interest litigation filed by KP Sharma, professor of botany in Rajasthan University.
The apex court bench of Justice Deepak Verma and Justice SJ Mukhopadhaya, issuing notices to the Rajasthan government, Sharma and others, allowed the Jal Mahal Resorts Private Ltd the renovation and restoration activities in the Jal Mahal tourist complex, but said the firm would not undertake any fresh construction in the area.
The court said that the undertaking given by the company to the high court that it would not undertake any fresh construction in the complex would continue.
Senior counsel Gopal Subramanium, appearing for the resort company, also made a statement to this effect.
The High Court had on May 17 declared as "illegal and void" the November 22, 2005, Mansagar Lake Precinct Lease Agreement by which 100 acres of the land in the complex was given on a 99-year lease. The court also cancelled another document named the Jal Mahal Leave and Licence Agreement.
The Mansagar Lake and Jal Mahal are located near Amber Fort in Jaipur.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2, Chennai Super Kings vs Royal Challengers Bangalore: Preview
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- Tamil Nadu SSLC Results 2015 on tnresults.nic.in
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) TNBSE Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 declared