SC, ST 1989 Act effectively implemented in Rajasthan: Gehlot
Jaipur: Rajasthan Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot has assured Chairman of National Commission for Scheduled Castes P L Punia that the state government is making continuous efforts to effectively implement SC, ST (Prevention of Atrocities) Act 1989 and will continue to do so in future.
In a letter sent to Punia yesterday, Gehlot said increased financial aid is being given to the SC, ST victims of atrocities. Also, district collectors and Director General have been directed to handle cases related to them on a priority basis and to provide them immediate financial help.
The number of special courts in the state has been increased from 17 to 25 and that of special cells have been increased from 25 to 36. This is to facilitate speedy justice to the SC, ST victims and so that complete financial aid is given to them according to the provisions of the Act, Gehlot wrote to the commission.
The state government is providing travel allowances, food and livelihood assistance and transport facilities to the SC, ST victims of atrocities as well as to their dependents and witnesses in the state.
The financial aid given to couples opting for inter-caste marriages has been raised to Rs 5 lakh from Rs 50,000 by Dr Savita Ambedkar Inter-caste Marriage Encouragement Scheme.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Couple in Bihar asked to pay Rs 50,000 as 'tax' for inter-caste marriage
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Standoff with LG: Arvind Kejriwal calls emergency session of Delhi Assembly
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Top 5 shopping destinations in Delhi!
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title