SC, ST 1989 Act effectively implemented in Rajasthan: Gehlot
Jaipur: Rajasthan Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot has assured Chairman of National Commission for Scheduled Castes P L Punia that the state government is making continuous efforts to effectively implement SC, ST (Prevention of Atrocities) Act 1989 and will continue to do so in future.
In a letter sent to Punia yesterday, Gehlot said increased financial aid is being given to the SC, ST victims of atrocities. Also, district collectors and Director General have been directed to handle cases related to them on a priority basis and to provide them immediate financial help.
The number of special courts in the state has been increased from 17 to 25 and that of special cells have been increased from 25 to 36. This is to facilitate speedy justice to the SC, ST victims and so that complete financial aid is given to them according to the provisions of the Act, Gehlot wrote to the commission.
The state government is providing travel allowances, food and livelihood assistance and transport facilities to the SC, ST victims of atrocities as well as to their dependents and witnesses in the state.
The financial aid given to couples opting for inter-caste marriages has been raised to Rs 5 lakh from Rs 50,000 by Dr Savita Ambedkar Inter-caste Marriage Encouragement Scheme.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra addresses people of Haryana
- Kangana Ranaut flies to US to prepare for role in 'Simran'
- CIL strike: Government open to discussions, says Power Minister
- Khans of Bollywood hungry to do different roles: Shoojit Sircar
- Government may advance Parliament session to get GST laws approved
- Terrorist Burhan Wani's father stayed at Sri Sri Ravi Shankar's Art of Living ashram for 2 days? Here is why