School balcony collapses, 20 students hurt in Raj
Jodhpur: Twenty students were injured when the balcony of a school collapsed today following heavy rain at Phalodi in Rajasthan`s Jodhpur district.
Two children suffered fracture in legs and one had head injuries, police said adding the school balcony collapsed due to torrential overnight rain.
A case had been registered and the owner of the middle school had been arrested, DSP (Phalodi) Murlidhar Kiradu said.
"The classes were in progress when the balcony collapsed injuring 20 students," he said adding the children were aged between 10 and 15 years.
Seventeen were admitted to a hospital in Phalodi and three were referred to Jodhpur for treatment, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- People storm to watch Salman Khan's 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' in Pakistan, leave hall teary-eyed