School balcony collapses, 20 students hurt in Raj
Jodhpur: Twenty students were injured when the balcony of a school collapsed today following heavy rain at Phalodi in Rajasthan`s Jodhpur district.
Two children suffered fracture in legs and one had head injuries, police said adding the school balcony collapsed due to torrential overnight rain.
A case had been registered and the owner of the middle school had been arrested, DSP (Phalodi) Murlidhar Kiradu said.
"The classes were in progress when the balcony collapsed injuring 20 students," he said adding the children were aged between 10 and 15 years.
Seventeen were admitted to a hospital in Phalodi and three were referred to Jodhpur for treatment, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Jallikattu protests LIVE: Some parties trying to create anti-Centre sentiment, says Venkaiah Naidu
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog