School balcony collapses, 20 students hurt in Raj
Jodhpur: Twenty students were injured when the balcony of a school collapsed today following heavy rain at Phalodi in Rajasthan`s Jodhpur district.
Two children suffered fracture in legs and one had head injuries, police said adding the school balcony collapsed due to torrential overnight rain.
A case had been registered and the owner of the middle school had been arrested, DSP (Phalodi) Murlidhar Kiradu said.
"The classes were in progress when the balcony collapsed injuring 20 students," he said adding the children were aged between 10 and 15 years.
Seventeen were admitted to a hospital in Phalodi and three were referred to Jodhpur for treatment, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Don't give any importance to Ramgopal Yadav's remarks: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town