School director arrested for molesting girl student
Jaipur: The director of a private school has been arrested for allegedly molesting an 18-year-old girl student in Jobner town here, police said Monday.
An FIR was registered against the director of Tagore Public School, Bhanwar Lal Choudhary, following which he was arrested in the wee hours, they said.
Protesters torched vehicles, the school office and its rooms late last night demanding immediate arrest of the accused, police said, adding that no case of vandalism has been registered so far.
Police resorted to mild lathi charge to disperse the protesters, they said.
The victim, a senior secondary student, lived in a hostel with 20 other girls. She alleged that Choudhary had molested and attempted to rape her on December 13 when other girls were elsewhere in the hostel, police said.
A case under various sections of the IPC were registered against the accused director and he was produced before a local court of Jaipur today, they said.
The accused, who is said to be a government teacher in Macharkhani village, has been running the co-education senior secondary school in Jobner.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city