School director arrested for molesting girl student
Jaipur: The director of a private school has been arrested for allegedly molesting an 18-year-old girl student in Jobner town here, police said Monday.
An FIR was registered against the director of Tagore Public School, Bhanwar Lal Choudhary, following which he was arrested in the wee hours, they said.
Protesters torched vehicles, the school office and its rooms late last night demanding immediate arrest of the accused, police said, adding that no case of vandalism has been registered so far.
Police resorted to mild lathi charge to disperse the protesters, they said.
The victim, a senior secondary student, lived in a hostel with 20 other girls. She alleged that Choudhary had molested and attempted to rape her on December 13 when other girls were elsewhere in the hostel, police said.
A case under various sections of the IPC were registered against the accused director and he was produced before a local court of Jaipur today, they said.
The accused, who is said to be a government teacher in Macharkhani village, has been running the co-education senior secondary school in Jobner.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Why did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Dadri lynching: Locals stop Arvind Kejriwal from entering Bisara village
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves
- 1st T20: India vs South Africa - Statistical highlights