School director arrested for molesting girl student
Jaipur: The director of a private school has been arrested for allegedly molesting an 18-year-old girl student in Jobner town here, police said Monday.
An FIR was registered against the director of Tagore Public School, Bhanwar Lal Choudhary, following which he was arrested in the wee hours, they said.
Protesters torched vehicles, the school office and its rooms late last night demanding immediate arrest of the accused, police said, adding that no case of vandalism has been registered so far.
Police resorted to mild lathi charge to disperse the protesters, they said.
The victim, a senior secondary student, lived in a hostel with 20 other girls. She alleged that Choudhary had molested and attempted to rape her on December 13 when other girls were elsewhere in the hostel, police said.
A case under various sections of the IPC were registered against the accused director and he was produced before a local court of Jaipur today, they said.
The accused, who is said to be a government teacher in Macharkhani village, has been running the co-education senior secondary school in Jobner.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy? Part II
- TMC govt cracks down on 'Narayani Sena', bans training camps in Cooch Behar district
- Brazil police say IOC's Patrick Hickey discussed illegal ticket sales
- TCS settles Orange County lawsuit for $26 mn; shares down
- Turkish military, US-led coalition launch major operation in northern Syria - officials
- US condemns North Korea missile test-fire, calls it 'provocation'