Search for Rajasthan BJP chief intensifies
Jaipur: With state BJP chief`s three-year tenure coming to an end, the search for a candidate for the top party post in Rajasthan has intensified.
Senior BJP leader and MP Om Mathur after meeting veteran leader Ramdas Agrawal here said the party high command should take an appropriate decision with regard to the next state president.
"Senior leadership should take appropriate decision for the appointment of new state president," Mathur told reporters.
Incumbent state president Arun Chaturvedi was elected by party members in 2010 and his 3-year term is completing in summer this year.
Recently, senior leaders Gulabchand Kataria and Ghanshyam Tiwari, both from RSS background, met Arun Jaitley, leader of Opposition in Rajya Sabha to discuss appointment of new president and also gave their feedback on the issue.
Kataria and Tiwari, are considered to be against Vasundhara Raje camp.
Sources said that the party`s central leadership wants a new state president who is acceptable to both factions.
Meanwhile, Gulab Chand Kataria began second phase of his `Yatra` in tribal region from Pratapgarh district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Meet Lynlee Hope - Texas baby who was 'born' twice!
- Intelligence agencies warn of firing by Pakistan along LoC, international border
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon