Search for Rajasthan BJP chief intensifies
Jaipur: With state BJP chief`s three-year tenure coming to an end, the search for a candidate for the top party post in Rajasthan has intensified.
Senior BJP leader and MP Om Mathur after meeting veteran leader Ramdas Agrawal here said the party high command should take an appropriate decision with regard to the next state president.
"Senior leadership should take appropriate decision for the appointment of new state president," Mathur told reporters.
Incumbent state president Arun Chaturvedi was elected by party members in 2010 and his 3-year term is completing in summer this year.
Recently, senior leaders Gulabchand Kataria and Ghanshyam Tiwari, both from RSS background, met Arun Jaitley, leader of Opposition in Rajya Sabha to discuss appointment of new president and also gave their feedback on the issue.
Kataria and Tiwari, are considered to be against Vasundhara Raje camp.
Sources said that the party`s central leadership wants a new state president who is acceptable to both factions.
Meanwhile, Gulab Chand Kataria began second phase of his `Yatra` in tribal region from Pratapgarh district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack