Security at five NWR stations stepped up after bomb threats
Jaipur: Security at five major railway stations under North Western Railway, in Rajasthan were on Friday tightened up following bomb threats at the stations.
"The threat was given in a letter which was delivered at the Firozpur railway division office of the Northern Railway. Among, other stations, the sender has named Ganganagar, Jodhpur, Bikaner, Jaipur and Ajmer railway stations in Rajasthan as target for the blasts," Chief Public Relations Officer, North Western Railway (NWR), Tarun Jain said.
He said local police authorities as well as the RPF have been alerted and the security at these stations has been tightened as a precautionary measure.
Copy of the threat letter was not received yet at the NWR headquarters here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dope test scandal: After wrestler Narsingh Yadav, shot putter Inderjeet Singh tests positive for banned substance
- Historic solar flight marks first round-the-world journey
- Akshay Kumar’s avatar in John Abraham, Varun Dhawan starrer ‘Dishoom’ will surprise you– See pic
- Bangladesh police storm militant hideout, kill 9 Islamist extremists in Dhaka
- Anita Hassanandani, Rohit Reddy’s Maldives trip will give you vacation goals- See Pics