Security at five NWR stations stepped up after bomb threats
Jaipur: Security at five major railway stations under North Western Railway, in Rajasthan were on Friday tightened up following bomb threats at the stations.
"The threat was given in a letter which was delivered at the Firozpur railway division office of the Northern Railway. Among, other stations, the sender has named Ganganagar, Jodhpur, Bikaner, Jaipur and Ajmer railway stations in Rajasthan as target for the blasts," Chief Public Relations Officer, North Western Railway (NWR), Tarun Jain said.
He said local police authorities as well as the RPF have been alerted and the security at these stations has been tightened as a precautionary measure.
Copy of the threat letter was not received yet at the NWR headquarters here.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- Aamir Khan's remarks on intolerance stir controversy; BJP slams, film fraternity split
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'