Security at five NWR stations stepped up after bomb threats
Jaipur: Security at five major railway stations under North Western Railway, in Rajasthan were on Friday tightened up following bomb threats at the stations.
"The threat was given in a letter which was delivered at the Firozpur railway division office of the Northern Railway. Among, other stations, the sender has named Ganganagar, Jodhpur, Bikaner, Jaipur and Ajmer railway stations in Rajasthan as target for the blasts," Chief Public Relations Officer, North Western Railway (NWR), Tarun Jain said.
He said local police authorities as well as the RPF have been alerted and the security at these stations has been tightened as a precautionary measure.
Copy of the threat letter was not received yet at the NWR headquarters here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah Part II
- Uttarakhand: MBBS students builds toilets in a village in Rishikesh
- Digital detox helps to get rid of smartphones addiction
- Watch: Syrian boys crying, hugging each other after their brother is killed in airstrike
- More than 8 lakh people affected by flood in UP
- Virender Sehwag fulfills Sakshi Malik's desire to meet him; this tweet tells how GLAD he is
- Asked to remove pugree at US embassy, BJP MP refuses to take visa
- Pink Ball Test: Jury still out on sighting, no reverse swing for pacers or turn for spinners
- RCom-Aircel expected to sign merger deal by Sept 1st week